Friday, March 23, 2012

Life Balance & Your Health

View from a recent Mt.Baldy run




"Masochistic Equilibrium"
You are not your past actions.
You are not your past failures.
You are not how others at one time treated you.
You are only who you think you are right now in this moment. You are only what you do in the future.
-notsalmon.com



The concept? “Masochistic equilibrium.” - Love the post from below that i found inspiration from: ifindkarma.com~

When I first heard these words, I immediately wondered what they meant. I found out they represent a truly important psychological theory—one which clearly explains how and why sometimes a person’s comfort zone might actually be to stay in discomfort.
It’s like this: As a child you learned habits on love and happiness from your parents. If you learned that love comes with yelling and insults, then being in a relationship with too much peace and too many compliments might actually inspire anxiety. Snagging an abundance of joy might also trigger you to self-sabotage your happiness in order to maintain that “masochistic equilibrium” which you learned in your childhood. Or you might simply choose scenarios from the get-go which bring you lower levels of love and bliss. Many women I know do exactly this. The opposite end of the spectrum is growing up in a family where nothing was ever talked about, and happiness was always a surface thing. Zero communication, and everything was always perfect. In return as an adult you are afraid to ever leave a comfort zone or dare to step out of that "surface" happiness. It's better to look happy to everyone else then to disrupt the marriage, and actually find true love. 
How do I break this cycle you ask? Simply recognize it. Thats right. Own it, and then write it down. Remember anything is changeable and can be fixed. Anything. For me it has been finding, and settling down with the love of my life. The man of my dreams. The most amazing partner on earth. Most definitely my soul mate, and the person I will spend every morning waking up to until we leave this earth. This took a ton of icky life lessons, and patience. I had to get through 34 years of living without him, and learning to love myself first before the laws of destiny would bring us together. In essence that most definitely is how we will all find our true love. It's not until we truly love & respect ourselves,that we can in return find the right partner. I want you to think how much you love your child, mom, or even beloved pets. Now ask yourself if you give yourself that much love. Are you as kind to yourself? Until then we will just be on this planet with the "wrong" person. Take time in your life to "love" yourself. It will change your whole path: I promise. 
Something else I am hugely motivated by is health and nutrition. I have been overloaded with emails form so many of you asking me to help you get on the right path nutritionally. For me it's one of my deep rooted life passions, and I am honored and happy to share with you one of my biggest health *secrets*. A large daily dose of RAW Cocoa. Thats right folks: RAW CHocolate. No not a dark chocolate bar with toxic Soy Lechitin(PLEASE stop eating Soy; please). Pure, raw, unprocessed alkaline free Chocolate. Why you ask? Here are the pure, 100% true facts about the Cocoa bean, and what most doctors do not want you knowing:
*It is the highest antioxidant in the world. Period. 
15 times more antioxidants than blueberries
20 times more antioxidants than green tea
30 times more antioxidants than red wine
It is the #1 raw food on this planet with the HIGHEST content of all of these minerals: MAGNESIUM, IRON, MAGANESE, CHROMIUM, CALCIUM, PHOSPHORUS, COPPER, & ZINC. It is also incredibly great mood lifter, a natural anti-depressant, and great for the sex drive. You can never have to much of it, and I ingest it daily by the tablespoons. Here is the best recipe on earth, and something that should replace coffee, tea, and be a morning ritual!!!! Most of the ingredients below can be found at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. I drink this concoction EVERY morning. 
Recipe: Three tablespoons of ground up organic RAW Cocoa powder, dash of raw cinnamon and nutmeg, boiling water, 1/2 cup of cold Coconut milk, and a tablespoon of RAW agave nectar. Mix all together, and enjoy! 


 I thought I would leave you with some fun pics of a great run Chandra and I did at Mt.Baldy. I have been a running maniac lately, and just having a blast!!! I am so flipping excited for Old Goats 50 mile this weekend. This race has an extremely special place in my heart. Extremely. This race was the first race I ever won. It meant the world to me, and I will always hold that day very special in my heart. I am in a different place now, and am just so excited to run those beautiful trails, and spend the day with all my friends. Steve Harvey does a great job @ Old Goats as the RD, and it's gonna be a blast!! My brother Wick will also be racing, and I cannot wait to see how he does. Hopefully him and the rest of the wolf pack(Eric Wickland, Chris Price) will still be at the finish when I get in(could be awhile!). Love those boys with all my heart! 





On, On, On with life my friends!!!! 


3 comments:

  1. That drink sounds fabulous and I have all the ingredients on hand so I'll definitely be trying it tomorrow morning. Thanks! I love posts like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That explanation of sometimes children learning love as a mean of being surrounded by bad stuff really is true. Scary even.
    Good luck at OG, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciating the hard work you put into your site and detailed information you offer.
    It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information. Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.
    Also see my web site :: Sneak A Peek At This Website

    ReplyDelete